Friday 10 December 2010

Christmas !!!


Christmas is coming. It is perhaps the happiest holiday of the year. Combined with break from school/university/work one couldn’t ask for more. But for the kids the real cherry on the top of the cake is the presents. Big ones, small ones, shiny ones, preciooouus ones. Who doesn’t like receiving presents? Well, maybe when we get older we start caring a little less about them but I will never forget how anxious to see my presents I was, when I was smaller.
 The truth is that things were different back then. We pretty much had small presents only for our birthdays and for Christmas. Now part of the joy is gone, because people get whatever they want whenever they want. Even the Christmas celebrations start earlier and last longer now. But I guess that the reason behind this is that people want everyday to be Christmas.
There is something magic about that holiday - the snow, the cold, gathering with family and relatives in our cozy homes.I just wish everybody was happy for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment